“I’m quite sure in the not-too-distant future, I will bring out another book.”
Here are some other notes from the Q&A
(written and compiled by MuggleNet):
- Jo thinks in 10 years time she may want to do something else with Harry's world.
-Jo's favorite Harry Potter characters (besides the trio) are Hagrid, Dumbledore, Lupin, and Snape. But she wouldn't want to meet Snape.
- Jo's not ready to say what she's writing right now, but she is enjoying writing.
- Jo's favorite Harry Potter book is Deathly Hallows, although she will always have a soft spot for Philosopher's Stone since it was her first book to be published.
- Jo does not want a house elf. She thinks they are a little bit creepy, despite being useful.
- After Harry, the next character Jo thought of for the books was Hermione. In an early version of Sorcerer's Stone, Jo explained how Hermione was Harry's next door neighbor and Hermione's father was first on scene when Harry's house blew up, and saw Harry being taken from the rubble. Hermione remembered the story when she first meets Harry.
- Jo's favorite subject in the books was Charms. Because a lot can go wrong with charms.
And here is the video of J.K. Rowling reading The Sorcerer's Stone: